The BA English Literature and Media will not only analyse a range of literary texts from various contexts but offer broad vocational and theoretical study.
The Department of English Language and Literature is ranked 7th in the UK within the recent Research Excellence Framework exercise (REF 2014), gaining a score of 100% for the social impact of its research activities.
- The BA English Literature covers themes from the early-Medieval period to the present day, while also developing your knowledge of critical theory and the diversity of approaches to literature.
- Optional modules are available in Creative Writing.
- Media incorporates distinct pathways in media, film, public relations, journalism and practical media.
- The programme combines the study of history, theory and practice that incorporates skills and techniques relevant to the modern digital media, digital journalism, creative digital practice; video production; radio production; film and public relations industries.
- Students have the option of taking Welsh-medium modules.
- Students have the option of competitive work-based learning or work-placements.
- In the second year students have the option of a semester abroad in Hong Kong or the USA.
- Our students have an academic mentor who provides pastoral support and guidance on issues that may affect their well-being, attendance and progress through University.
Students study six modules, three in English Literature and three in Media.