The BA Classical Civilisation and French studies the civilisation and culture of the Greek and Roman worlds and develops your knowledge of a world language and the rich culture that makes France an international centre of the arts.
- In the second year, students can take a study trip/field project module Ancient and Historic Places.
- Students can gain teaching experience by leading workshops for the South West Wales Reaching Wider Partnership.
- French modules combine intensive language tuition with optional modules relating to a wide variety of aspects of society and culture in the French-speaking world.
- French staff are experts in film, gender studies, medieval and early modern literature, theatre studies, travel writing and translation studies and students benefit from our active research in these areas.
A strong Welsh-medium provision in French is also available.
- During the third year of study, students spend a year abroad in France. Students can study at a University, teach in a school or work in a business during the year abroad in France.
- Our students have an academic mentor who provides pastoral support and guidance on issues that may affect their well-being, attendance and progress through University.
Students study 3 modules in Classical Civilisation and 3 modules in French.