If you would like to develop your written and oral skills in Welsh, whether you would like to write or translate, studying Welsh at Swansea gives you the opportunity to explore the richness of our language, from the Mabinogion to the language of contemporary Wales. Studying Welsh in an international context with Spanish at Swansea University will prepare you for a range of exciting career options.
- Our students have an academic mentor who provides pastoral support and guidance on issues that may affect their well-being, attendance and progress through University.
- An education of the highest standard delivered by a team of enthusiastic and experienced staff
- Small classroom sizes and increased contact hours
- Funding opportunities by studying through the medium of Welsh
- Opportunities for work experience
- Study the wealth of Welsh literature and language whilst experiencing the excitement of the Welsh language community in Swansea!
- Our modules include Latin American literature and culture, contemporary Spanish politics, Twentieth and Twenty-First century Spanish and Catalan literature.
Course descriptionStudents study six modules a year, 3 in Spanish and 3 in Welsh.