The BA History and Medieval Studies degree covers the periods of Medieval, Early Modern and Modern History and we offer modules in British, European, American and Welsh History.
- During the third year, students spend a year abroad and can study at a University, teach in a school or work in a business.
- Students can take a study trip or field project module.
- In the final year students take a 'special subject' module focusing on a topic, culminating in a dissertation.
- Our students have an academic mentor who provides pastoral support and guidance on issues that may affect their well-being, attendance and progress through University.
- The History student society organises social and cultural events and has won many awards for best event or best society. Follow us on Twitter: @SUHistSoc.
From the Crusades to the Cold War and from Renaissance to Russian Revolutionaries, discover history in all its variety at Swansea University. Our staff are especially strong in the history of political thought, welfare and conflict, maritime and imperial history, gender and sexuality, religious history, science and medicine, and travel and migration.
Swansea lies at the heart of a region studded with the remains of the medieval past, and is an excellent base for exploring magnificent castles such as Pembroke, Manorbier, and Kidwelly, or the fine medieval churches and fortresses of the nearby Gower Peninsula. Weblink to castles of Wales.
Students study six modules, three in History and three in Medieval Studies.