The BSc Business Management is the largest and most established programme within the School of Management. The programme provides students with a broad range of expertise across the areas of business and management (such as marketing, operations management, finance, accounting, strategy and human resource management) as well as offering a range of cutting-edge specialist optional modules. This programme is designed for the student who wants to excel and reach the top level of global business management practice.
Management consulting has become a billion pound global industry and one of the primary career pathways for business management graduates. The BSc Business Management (Management Consulting) has been designed to allow students to progress straight from undergraduate study to a global career in management consulting.
- All modules are taught by our world-class faculty who have a breadth of industrial and academic knowledge
- Swansea is joint 1st in Wales for international-ranked research (REF 2014)
- Opportunity to undertake work placements in both three year (single week or summer internship) and four year (year in industry) variants
- 93% of Swansea students in employment six months after graduating
- High contact time - our modules come with a lecture (in class sizes capped at approximately 150 students) and seminar/tutorial (in class sizes capped at 30) every single week
- Fully refurbished facilities - we have invested half a million pounds in a recent refurbishment to our student facilities
- Scholarships available for outstanding students - click here for more details
- Swansea is 1st in Wales for world-leading impact - 60% at 4-star level (REF 2014)
For our BSc Business Management programme, the first year is the same for all students and serves as a core foundation that covers all areas of business and management. You will study a range of business topics that include: marketing, operations management, accounting, finance and strategy. In addition, we provide a range of modules that cover the basics for all areas of business, including quantitative methods and statistics as well as academic and professional skills.
After the first year, students pursue either a specialist pathway (which pre-selects half of the modules to be studied but still allows students to pick from a wide range of optional modules for the remainder or the time) or a generalist pathway (giving students complete freedom to choose optional modules for the remainder of their studies).
Swansea University offers a range of scholarships to help fund your studies, including:
Excellence Scholarship - awarded to students achieving AAA or above at A-Level (or equivalent) - £3000 over 2 years.
Merit Scholarship - awarded to students achieving AAB at A-Level (or equivalent - £2000 over 2 years.
For more information on scholarships and other funding opportunities available at Swansea, please visit the University's scholarships and bursaries page.
The School of Management also offers the Developing Futures Scholarship package, which encourages students to develop a number of professional skills whilst working with the School throughout the academic year.
Undergraduate scholarship of £2000 towards tuition fees.
Available to non-EU (International) students holding an offer to study at the School of Management.
Postgraduate scholarship of £3000 towards tuition fees.
Available to all UK/EU and International students holding an offer to study at the School of Management.
More information on Developing Futures Scholarships, including how to apply, can be found here.
Study abroad opportunities
Study abroad opportunities are managed in conjunction with Swansea University's Go Global Team. You can find out more about your study abroad opportunities here.
The School of Management offers a variety of placement schemes (year in industry) which are coordinated by our in-house Employability Team. Click here to access detailed guidance on the placement process, including recent student success stories.
Careers and employability prospects
We have an excellent track record of placing our graduates with major multinational companies and our graduate employment rate is 92%.
From the moment you arrive at the School of Management we will work with you to help you build your skills and experience to enhance your career prospects. During your time with us you'll have the chance to:
- Undertake a work placement or internship through the Swansea Paid Internship Network (SPIN) or 'Week of Work' initiative
- Work and network with employers from a range of national and multi-national companies through our visiting speaker programme
- In conjunction with the International Development Office, undertake an Internship in India with a company such as GE, Thomson Reuters, 3M, Private Equity or Kanvic Consulting
- Boost your skills and meet employers during our biannual Employability Week
- Complete the Swansea Employability Award
- Participate in one of our student challenges and competitions, such as the Branding Challenge, and CIM student competition 'The Pitch'
Discover how our in-house Careers Service has supported our students: