The BA Ancient History and German degree offers the study of the Greek and Roman worlds and develops your knowledge of a world language, discovering the rich culture that makes Germany an international centre of the arts and understanding twenty-first-century Germany and its role in Europe.
- In the second year, students can take a study trip/field project module.
- During the third year of study, students spend a year abroad in Germany. Students can study at a University, teach in a school or work in a business during the year abroad.
- Our German modules combine intensive language tuition with optional modules relating to a wide variety of aspects of society and culture in the German-speaking world.
- A strong Welsh-medium provision is also available.
- Students are actively involved in voluntary archaeological digs nationally and internationally.
- Have a look at our Ancient History blog and Languages blog for news and information.
- The Society of Ancient Studies and German Society at Swansea organises social and cultural events.
- Our students have an academic mentor who provides pastoral support and guidance on issues that may affect their well-being, attendance and progress through University.
Students study six modules a year, three in Ancient History and three in German.
Students have year abroad during third year of study