NO TUITION FEES: UK and EU students are eligible to apply for an enhanced support package through NHS Wales Bursary arrangements.
EMPLOYABILITY: 100% of Healthcare Science graduates are employed in a professional or managerial job 6 months after graduating (Unistats 2016)
AVERAGE EARNINGS: Graduate starting salary of £24k on average (Unistats 2016)
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS: Minimum BBB at A2 level including biology. Minimum of five A-C grade GCSE passes including Welsh/English Language, Maths and a Physical Science or Double Award Science.
ACCREDITATION: Accredited by the NSHCS (National School of Healthcare and Science) on behalf of Health Education England, for the purpose of eligibility for registration as a Healthcare Science Practitioner on the AHCS (Academy for Healthcare and Science) voluntary register. Graduates are also eligible to join the voluntary register with the Registration Council for Clinical Physiologists and are able to enter the workplace as an independent practitioner.
Why take this course?
- 50% of time at University, 50% in practice placements
- 100% of Healthcare Science graduates are employed in a professional or managerial job 6 months after graduating (Unistats 2016)
- Graduate starting salary of £24k on average (Unistats 2016)
- We are ranked 22nd in the UK for health professions in the Guardian Good University Guide 2017
- Our state- of-the- art facilities and clinical practice suite allow students to gain confidence and experience before moving on to their work placements.
- Small student cohorts allow for a personal learning experience
- Many academic staff are also professional healthcare scientists and still work in practice
- Strong links with health boards with the nearest hospital next-door to the campus
- There is varied access to further study in health or social care at postgraduate level upon completion
But University isn't just about studying. Swansea offers a great student experience in a beautiful environment. Here are more lifestyle reasons why you should choose Swansea
Cardiac Physiologists work with those suspected or known to have heart disease. This Cardiac Physiology degree is ideal for students who enjoy human biology and are interested in health and wellbeing. Students should want to work with patients in specialised healthcare environments, be comfortable with technological equipment and be good at problem-solving.
The University is the Welsh Government's preferred provider for Healthcare Science (cardiac physiology) professional pre-registration education in south west Wales.
The Cardiac Physiology degree will: