The LLB Law and Media Programme will:
-Provide you with a solid foundation for a career in law
-Train you to apply legal concepts in a practical environment
-Provide you with transferable skills, including team working, communication, presentation, problem-solving, research and analytical skills
- Media and Communication incorporates distinct pathways in media, film, public relations, journalism and practical media.
- The programme combines the study of history, theory and practice that incorporates skills and techniques relevant to the modern digital media including social media, , creative digital practice; video production; radio production; film and public relations industries.
- Graduates achieve an LLB accredited Law degree and are also equipped with generic broad-based media skills to specialise in further study or essential skills for the professional workplace.
- Students have the option of taking Welsh-medium Media and Communication modules.
- Students have the option of competitive work-based learning or work-placements.
- Media and Communication teaching staff are specialist International researchers and also ex-professionals lecturing on video production, web and creative design, PR and journalism.
- The Media Student Society organises PR, social and cultural events.
Choosing Law and Media will enable you to expand your intellectual and creative practice skills in the context of two disciplines, which touch upon every aspect of human endeavour. The programme shapes the way we see others, and ourselves and can be a powerful tool for social change, good and bad.
As the degree progresses you will notice a marked improvement in your ability to manage large amounts of materials, to express yourself in an organised and convincing manner both in writing and orally, to evaluate the strength of arguments you encounter, and enhance your social networking and public relations skills. Not only will this give you a sense of personal satisfaction, but you will also have acquired skills which are highly relevant to a range of career options attracting competitive salaries.