Materials Engineering at Swansea University
- 6th in the UK (The Complete University Guide 2017)
- 1st in the UK for Student Satisfaction (Times University Guide 2017)
- 91% of graduates in employment or further study within 6 months of graduating (DHLE)
- Year in Industry + Year Abroad Schemes
- Materials Scholarships available
- Outstanding facilities on brand new beachside £450million Bay Campus
The objectives of the Materials Science and Engineering programme are:
- To introduce concepts of design, selection and processing of materials for a range of applications in engineering and other disciplines.
- To provide students with a solid background in Materials' Science, focusing on the link between structure and physical and functional properties of materials.
- To provide students with the practical, experimental and technical writing skills demanded by our industrial partners and collaborators
- To build a critical awareness of the effects of processing conditions on the structure and physical properties of a material
You may be eligible for funding to help support your study.
To find out about scholarships, bursaries and other funding opportunities that are available please visit the University's scholarships and bursaries page.