The Classical Civilisation and Medieval Studies degree scheme combines the study of history, ancient and modern language and literature. We have more than twenty scholars working in the fields of literature, history, philosophy, European languages and classical studies, covering the period approximately AD 400 to 1800.
- The BA Classical Civilisation and Medieval Studies combines the study of classical civilisation and medieval history and literature.
- In the second year, students can take a study trip/field project module Ancient and Historic Places.
- Students can gain teaching experience by leading workshops for the South West Wales Reaching Wider Partnership.
- Students have the option of a semester abroad in Hong Kong or the USA.
- Our students have an academic mentor who provides pastoral support and guidance on issues that may affect their well-being, attendance and progress through University.
- Students are actively involved in voluntary archaeological digs nationally and internationally.
Students study six modules a year, three in Classical Civilisation and three in Medieval Studies.