Studying French at Swansea means: developing your knowledge of a world language, discovering the rich culture that makes France an international centre of the arts and understanding twenty-first century France and its role in Europe.
- All of our modules combine intensive language tuition with optional modules relating to a wide variety of aspects of society and culture in the French-speaking world.
- Our staff are experts in film, gender studies, medieval and early modern literature, theatre studies, travel writing and translation studies and students benefit from our active research in these areas.
- The programme combines the study of history, theory and practice that incorporates skills and techniques relevant to the modern digital media, digital journalism, creative digital practice; video production; radio production; film and public relations industries.
The BA equips graduates with generic broad-based skills to specialise in further study or essential skills for the professional workplace.
- A strong Welsh-medium provision is also available.
- During the third year of study, students spend a year abroad in France. Students can study at a University, teach in a school or work in a business during the year abroad in France.
- Our students have an academic mentor who provides pastoral support and guidance on issues that may affect their well-being, attendance and progress through University.
Students study six modules, three in French and three in Media.