This new course is being introduced at the School of Management from September 2017.
Contemporary marketing requires analytical, numeric, data management and strategic management as well as creativity in relation to marketing. This programme is tailored to individuals wishing to develop a career in marketing that requires a sound understanding of applied processes, as well as theoretical and academic perspectives. Course structure and content has been developed in line with the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) Certificate in Professional Marketing.
- All modules are taught by our world-class faculty who have a breadth of industrial and academic knowledge
- Swansea is joint 1st in Wales for international ranked research (REF 2014)
- Opportunity to undertake work placements in both three year (single week or summer internship) and four year (year in industry) variants
- 93% of Swansea students in employment or further study within six months of graduating
- High contact time - each module includes a 2 hour lecture (class sizes approximately 150 students) followed by a 1 hour seminar/tutorial (class sizes capped at 30) every single week
Scholarships available for outstanding students - click here for more details.
For our BSc Marketing programme, Year 1 serves as a core foundation in business management and marketing. You will study a range of business related topics including: accounting, finance, economics, operations, managing people and marketing.
In Year 2, students will pursue 90 credits of marketing specific modules, along with 30 credits of elective modules (from any of the School's subject catalogues, including accounting/finance, business and economics modules).
In Year 3, the compulsory marketing specific modules account for 60 credits of study (including a 30 credit dissertation). Students have the freedom to choose the remaining 60 credits of elective modules (from any of the School's subject catalogues, including accounting/finance, business and economics modules).
Swansea University offers a range of scholarships to help fund your studies, including:
Excellence Scholarship - awarded to students achieving AAA or above at A-Level (or equivalent) - £3000 over 2 years.
Merit Scholarship - awarded to students achieving AAB at A-Level (or equivalent - £2000 over 2 years.
For more information on scholarships and other funding opportunities available at Swansea, please visit the University's scholarships and bursaries page.
The School of Management also offers the Developing Futures Scholarship package, which encourages students to develop a number of professional skills whilst working with the School throughout the academic year.
Undergraduate scholarship of £2000 towards tuition fees.
Available to non-EU (International) students holding an offer to study at the School of Management.
Postgraduate scholarship of £3000 towards tuition fees.
Available to all UK/EU and International students holding an offer to study at the School of Management.
More information on Developing Futures Scholarships, including how to apply, can be found here.
Study abroad opportunities
Study abroad opportunities are managed in conjunction with Swansea University's Go Global Team. You can find out more about your study abroad opportunities here.
The School of Management offers a variety of placement schemes (year in industry) which are coordinated by our in-house Employability Team. Click here to access detailed guidance on the placement process, including recent student success stories.
Careers and employability prospects
We have an excellent track record of placing our graduates with major multinational companies and our graduate employment rate is 92%.
From the moment you arrive at the School of Management we will work with you to help you build your skills and experience to enhance your career prospects. During your time with us you'll have the chance to:
- Undertake a work placement or internship through the Swansea Paid Internship Network (SPIN) or 'Week of Work' initiative
- Work and network with employers from a range of national and multi-national companies through our visiting speaker programme
- In conjunction with the International Development Office, undertake an Internship in India with a company such as GE, Thomson Reuters, 3M, Private Equity or Kanvic Consulting
- Boost your skills and meet employers during our biannual Employability Week
- Complete the Swansea Employability Award
- Participate in one of our student challenges and competitions, such as the Branding Challenge, and CIM student competition 'The Pitch'
Discover how our in-house Careers Service has supported our students: