BSc (Hons) or Graduate Diploma General Practice Nursing...
- A flexible continuing professional development course
- Students are eligible to have their tuition fees paid by the Workforce, Education and Development Services (WEDS)
- Optional module choices ensure the course can be tailored to meet individual learning needs
- Shared learning with other community nurses may enhance closer collaborative working in practice.
The College has a distinguished and sustained track record in delivering high quality educational programmes to community nurses. The BSc (Hons)/GradDip General Practice Nursing is a flexible programme that enables students to manage their continuing professional development within the context of their work and personal lives.
- Students will be eligible for their tuition fees to be paid for by the Workforce, Educations and Development Services enhances the accessibility of the programme.
- The modular structure and wide choice of optional modules ensures that the programme can be tailored to meet the individual learning needs of practice nurses ensuring fitness for practice, whilst also being responsive to changes in local need and national government policies.
- Opportunities for shared learning with other community nurses, which may enhance closer collaborative working in practice.
This course aims to:
- Develop a competent, confident and critically thinking general practice nurse who is able to demonstrate high level decision making in areas of general practice nursing ensuring that care is tailored to local practice and population need.
- Develop self aware individuals who are capable of monitoring and improving standards of service through reflection, supervision, mentorship, professional leadership and multidisciplinary teamwork.
- Develop professionals with transferable skills who can facilitate and develop innovations in practice through effective communication, evaluation, teaching, facilitation and support.
- Prepare a general practice nurse who is able to develop strong partnerships with other professional groups across the health and social care interface, including the voluntary and third sectors.
- Provide practice nurses with the skills and knowledge to advance their careers.
This course comprises of two compulsory modules and a choice of optional modules, which can be studied over a period of two to four years leading to the award of either a BSc (Hons) or Graduate Diploma in General Practice Nursing.
It is aimed at newly qualified nurses seeking a career in general practice nursing or experienced practice nurses seeking to advance their skills and knowledge.