TUITION FEES: UK and EU students are eligible to apply for an enhanced support package for health related courses offered through the NHS Wales Bursary arrangements.
DURATION: This course takes between two-four years of part-time study
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS: The course enables paramedics undertaking work-based learning and practice development to gain academic credit for their learning. To apply 120 credits are needed at level 5.
INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS: Unfortunately this course is not currently available to international students.
Why study at Swansea?
- Strong links with the Welsh Ambulance Service NHS Trust (WAST)
- Paramedical and Nursing Sciences at Swansea University were ranked 14th in the Guardian League Table in 2014.
- 100% overall student satisfaction (NSS 2014)
- 100% of students are satisfied with the academic support they receive (NSS 2014)
- 100% of students agree that staff are good at explaining things (Unistats 2014)
- Students can undertake two week study and cultural tours to China, Vietnam and Thailand.
Some modules are available to study through the medium of Welsh.
But University isn't just about studying. Swansea offers a great student experience in a beautiful environment. Here are more lifestyle reasons why you should choose Swansea
The degree in Enhanced Paramedic Practice has been developed to enable Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) registered paramedics undertaking work-based learning and practice development to gain academic credit for their learning.
Many staff who teach on the programme are Registered Paramedics and still work in practice.
The College of Human and Health Sciences has state-of-the-art facilities for students of paramedic science. The clinical practice suite allows students to learn practical skills before using them in a real life situation. The Welsh National Ambulance training centre also offers realistic workplace experience. Read more here about facilities at the College of Human and Health Sciences.
Take a virtual tour of the campus using this interactive map.
The University's Academic Success Programme offers complementary study skills courses to help students maximise their potential.