Teaching and Employability:
- Established and reputable links with the NHS, Social Services, and many private sector companies
- Up-to-the-minute teaching which is responsive to employer demand
- Successful completion can increase career development and promotion opportunities for the student as an advanced practitioner within their field of speciality
- Studies show that non-medical prescribing to be safe, clinically and cost effective.
- Applicants may be eligible for funding support
- This programme has the possibility of being funded by the Welsh Government, so the student may not need to pay any fees. Please speak to the programme director for further information.
The PGCert in Non-Medical Prescribing aims to prepare pharmacists to practice within current non-medical prescribing legislation. It will provide the pharmacist with the knowledge and skills to prescribe safely and appropriately within their area of practice. The non-medical prescribing qualification annotated by the General Pharmaceutical Healthcare Council can be achieved by successful completion of a stand-alone 40 credit module,