The Strathclyde MBA is not just a business programme, it's a stimulating, challenging, life-changing experience, which will make you question, re-think and re-evaluate how you do business.
The Strathclyde MBA is highly experiential and based on collaborative learning. Students share their varied work experiences, knowledge, understanding and skills.
The MBA will shape and guide you as a reflective, open- thinking, adaptive learner. This is facilitated through enhanced understanding of the interplay of theory and practice in management. In particular it:
- provides the skills required for progression to higher level policy-forming positions
- allows you to make successful career transitions
- facilitates the move from technical specialism to general management
- polishes the skills and enhances the abilities of people working for themselves or about to set up in business
What are the prime benefits?
- a broad understanding of business and management issues
- strategic orientation and the ability to successfully implement the strategies formulated
- development of management skills and techniques
- self-awareness as a manager and leader
- increased confidence in all areas of business
- enhanced promotion prospects
- new career opportunities
- access to the extensive Strathclyde alumni network
What are the benefits for employers and sponsors?
Improved corporate performance
- greater understanding of corporate goals
- more knowledgeable and successful management
- advanced communication through mutual understanding
- greater awareness of external influences and recognition of the need for a quality customer focus and market orientation
- increased potential for the effective utilisation of valuable corporate, human and other resources
Human resource development
- greater ability to attract and retain high potential managers
- flexible approach to management education
- structured development of individual managers
- integral part of succession planning and development of tomorrow's leaders
Career and Professional Development Support
At Strathclyde we understand that career enhancement is one of the top reasons anyone chooses to study for an MBA.
Free and for Life
We draw on our many years of experience and industry knowledge from the in-house team, supplemented by top consultants who are experts in their field, to offer dedicated careers planning and development for all our MBA cohorts and unlimited access once you join our alumni.
Complementary to your MBA learning experience, you can access a range of talks, conferences and networking events which will add further value to your Strathclyde MBA experience. Integrated and stand-alone seminars and workshops are delivered throughout the year, online and on-campus.
The Career Management Journey
Our focus is on developing long-term career management skills. As part of our Career Development Programme we offer:
- strategies to support self-awareness, personal skills development, competency audits, and professional development needs
- workshops on core career skills such as CV building, interviews, assessment centres, social media and online branding
- seminars on key skills such as presentation, pitching, networking, culture management and personal impact
- exclusive insights from successful alumni and company leaders through our Lunch and Learn programme and guest speakers
- unlimited one-to-one access to an accredited careers and leadership coach
Book a personal coaching session, one-to-one or skype.
Our Virtual Careers Community
All students and alumni have access to our Career Management Site, where you will find a wealth of information and resources and also become a part of our global careers community, receiving alerts and information on jobs and events.
SBS is consistently a top-ranked school in the Economist and FT rankings and this is down to our students and alumni, who have added value in organisations and industries globally for many years.
Meet our current students at-a-glance and see industry and nationality stats on our profile wall.
Want to engage further? Log in to our Career Management Site, where you can search profiles and post jobs and events.
If you would like to contact us directly, email email@example.com, or call Irene Taylor on +44 (0) 141 553 6057.
Each year we are able to offer a number of strategic consultancy opportunities for students to complete as part of their MBA final project. Sourced from alumni and our corporate network, these assignments allow students to leave the MBA with a client-facing piece of consultancy on their CV.