The MSc overall is 180 credits, with the intermediate PgCert and PgDip awards being 60 credits each.
Find out about the Postgraduate Loan Scheme
- Business/organisation-focused including extensive organisation case studies and working examples.
- A fostering of your conceptual understanding of the issues within the Digital Marketing Management field so you are able to critically evaluate relevant academic literature.
- An academic ethos with the focus on you developing the ability to evaluate, appraise and critique new ideas, models and concepts, and to identify any biases and assumptions inherent in these.
- An opportunity to develop the ability to critically evaluate the impact of Digital Marketing Management theory and practice in resolving major challenges and the importance of relevant academic research to the area.
- A rigorous programme of study that develops expertise through independent investigation and creative critical thinking, preparing you to undertake further research in Digital Marketing Management.
The aim of the MSc Digital Marketing Management is to enable you to deal with real world issues in an intellectual and challenging manner in this dynamic area of professional and academic marketing. It will provide you with both technical and critical evaluation skills, and the ability to apply contemporary techniques for decision making in complex situations relevant to Digital Marketing Management. It will provide you with up-to-date knowledge of this fast-changing field, and help to develop analytical and problem-solving skills required for future work. The MSc Digital Marketing Management will provide a solid basis for further study (ie doctoral level) or a career in the broad Digital Marketing Management area.
The marketing profession has undergone a significant change in the knowledge and skill base required to meet the needs of a constantly evolving digital environment. According to the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) (2015) "Data is the currency of success. It is not enough for marketers to know that analytics and data science can help - they need to know how to use them to make good choices. They must take a scientific approach." This postgraduate course has been designed to offer marketing graduates the opportunity to keep abreast of changes in the Digital Marketing Management environment.
The flexible nature of the course allows students the opportunity to explore specific aspects of the digital marketing debate ranging from new and emerging themes relating to branding, content curation and analytics, thereby offering a clearly differentiated positioning and providing a significant update on the more traditional marketing provision. The integration of Institute of Direct and Digital Marketing (IDM) and CIM influences helps us to shape curricula that have a strong professional and practical ethos, focusing on employability and continuing professional development in the field of Digital Marketing Management. The inclusion of a project as a capstone module is in addition to the alternative dissertation, providing you with the opportunity to focus your project on an issue that is relevant to your workplace.
Our staff are at the forefront of key areas of the Digital Marketing field including Digital Marketing Plans, effective Social Media for Organisations, etc.
The MSc includes a year working in an organisation at a Management level effectively researching, developing and implementing monitoring/control of the Digital Marketing.