- Opportunity to achieve industry recognised certification as a Certified Ethical Hacker.
- Recent £5 million STEM bid enables us to further expand our purpose built state of the art security laboratory
- Become Cyber specialists, able to use digital technology as a defensive or offensive weapon
- High demand in Government and industry for people who can secure computer systems against malicious attack
- Support to transfer to sandwich award if you apply successfully for a placement
The full-time course will provide knowledge of the latest cyber security principles, practices, tools and techniques, taught by a team of specialist staff in purpose-built cyber security laboratories. Graduates will be Cyber-operators, able to use 'information' as a defensive or offensive weapon.
Today, Cyber-Operators are required to have an 'enriched' background drawing elements of practical experience from fields as diverse as sociology, psychology, networks and network security, computer science and computer security, information management and information security, software engineering and reverse engineering, and of course, the law.
This course is based in our brand new computing labs on the College Road Campus Stoke-on-Trent..
You will also have an opportunity to achieve industry recognised certification in Certified Ethical hacking.
Our brand new purpose-built security laboratory offers each student a unique experience in enhancing your skills and knowledge in Cyber Security. As a result of winning a recent £5 million STEM bid, you will benefit from state of the art hardware resources, which will enhance your learning.
You will gain:
- Sound understanding of the computer science.
- Sound understanding of TCP-IP networks, the TCP-IP suite and its supporting protocols.
- Sound understanding and practical knowledge of digital forensics incidence response.
- Understanding and practical knowledge of managing information at all levels.
- Practical knowledge of the different types of computer crime.
- Ability to use with competency cyber-security toolkits.
- Ability to follow strict policies and procedures with meticulous record keeping.
- Good understanding of people and their motivational catalysts.
- Knowledge of evidence law and legal procedures.
- Ability to write reports on technical issues in a non-technical manner.
- Ability to address large audiences in a formal manner and affect their decision making process.
- Computer Security - Low Level
- Cyber Operations
- Malware analysis and Reverse Engineering
- Research Methods
- Operating Systems Security
- Digital Forensics & Incidence Response
- Network Security with CISCO
- Network Security
- Penetration Testing
- Computer Security - High Level
* If you have CCNA certification (or an equivalent CISCO background), there will be the option of doing Network Security with the CISCO curriculum. Those of you who are not CCNA certified (or without an equivalent CISCO background), will do a less practical module of similar learning outcomes. After Teaching Block 2 you will have an option, again based on your prior knowledge on ethical hacking (and/or background, qualifications), for doing either Computer Security - High Level, which focuses on ethical hacking, or a more technical module on Penetration Testing.
The award will provide you with the knowledge of the latest cyber security principles, practices, tools and techniques, taught by a team of specialist staff in purpose-built cyber security laboratories. Graduates will be Cyber-operators, equipped with the skills to work in the security industry.