- Opportunity to gain Cisco certification to CCNP (Cisco Certified Network Professional) standard
- Taught using up to date purpose built specialist Laboratories
- Study the latest technologies that industry is and will be using
- Placement opportunity
MSc Cloud Computing provides specialist study of Cloud Computing. This is a growing area to addressing the issues of collaborative working with data stored centrally either in house or externally. The award is built around a core of networking at CCNP level, the networking topics utilise Cisco networking equipment and support material provided by Cisco Systems Inc.
Virtualisation, server side technologies and mobile/wireless technologies are investigated in the context of supported mobile workers in an enterprise environment.
In your first study stage, the PgCert, you will study five modules -this includes a 2 week preliminary study course, followed by four core modules, the completion of these modules makes you eligible for a PgCert. In the second stage the, PgDip you will study a further four modules. Once you have completed these 9 modules you can start the dissertation stage in order to qualify for a MSc.
On finishing the PgCert or PgDip stage you have the opportunity to undertake a work placement of up to 12 months. The placement has to be started and completed before you start your dissertation. You will finish your award by completing a dissertation on a network related topic.
- COCS70637 Networking Concepts (Two weeks pre-enrolment)
- COCS70686 Research Methods
- COCS70638 Professional Switched Networks
- COCS70666 Network Security
- COCS70627 Mobile Computing and Wireless
- COCS70665 Virtualisation
- COCS70625 Server Side Technology
- COCS70705 Professional Routed Networks
- COCS70639 Maintaining a Converged IP Based Network
Dissertation (60 credits)