The Master in Economics trains students to become applied economists, policymakers, consultants and business professionals in sectors and jobs requiring technical and analytical skills. It provides them with up-to-date quantitative and conceptual tools for economic, statistical and financial analysis, and it prepares them for policy and business practice. The programme has a strong European flavour which manifests itself in specialized courses (such as European competition policy) or in the careful consideration, in other courses, of the specifics of the European dimension.
The Master in “Business Economics” develops the students’ grasp of business, economics and policy issues, and highlights their interactions (e.g. finance and financial regulation, strategy and competition policy, regulation and lobbying etc.).
The programme consists of compulsory core courses and optional courses, and require the writing of a master thesis.
Three specialization tracks (mineures) are available :
- EU Regulation and Economy,
- EU and International Business,
- Financial Markets and Services.
Our graduates typically find work as applied economists, policymakers, consultants and business professionals in sectors and jobs requiring advanced knowledge of how the economy works and strong technical and analytical skills, including:
- Executive, analyst or project manager in national and international public or private organizations, including NGOs
- Strategy or economic consultant
- Auditor and management control
- Business analyst and IT consultant
- Regulator or analyst in policy think tanks
- Executive in the financial, industrial and services sectors
- Up to 100% English - French (0% to 10%)
- International exchange programme opportunities
- QTEM optional
- Credited internship optional