The major objective of the field of study Management and Production Engineering is delivery of a professional Bachelor of Science, suitable for the needs of an enterprise operating in the conditions of free-market economy who is able to:
- Combine up-to date engineering knowledge in the area of production technologies with the knowledge related to business and administration,
- Control the production systems in an enterprise,
- Organise the effective production process and auxiliary processes in an enterprise,
- Manage the resources of an enterprise in line with its needs, particularly from the perspective of production processes,
- Manage the personnel in an enterprise, including communication and management of working teams,
- Use professional IT and ICT tools in the areas of engineering, business administration, as well as in the areas of production planning and execution in a proficient way.
The basic scope of knowledge of the graduate of Management and Production Engineering comprises:
- general engineering topics,
- topics related with preparation and organisation of production in an enterprise,
- topics related with quantitative methods and application of IT and ICT systems in management,
- social science and economics related with acquisition of organisational skills in business administration in the free-market economy conditions,
- methods of analysis, diagnosis and designing of organisational systems and systems of management.