This degree offers training in acting techniques from a range of world theatre cultures.
The programme combines an active mix of theory and practice. Through a comparative study of world theatres, you will explore your creative potential in acting, voice, movement and theatre-making.
A term spent studying abroad will enable you to savour theatre and performance cultures outside the UK.
Why should I choose this programme?
This programme aims to produce graduates who are able to realise a production from initial idea through to the first night, and who understand theatre from an international perspective.
Kevin Spacey Masterclass
All students on this programme will have master class taken by Kevin Spacey as part of his work with us and the Kevin Spacey Foundation.
Key skills, aims and objectives
- A portfolio of acting and theatre-making skills, drawn from world theatres
- The ability to create, produce and perform your own work
- Awareness of how to market your creative work
- Enhanced cultural understanding and global awareness, vital to today’s fast-changing workplace
- Skills in video filming, editing and digital sound recording
- Team-working and creative problem-solving skills
- Project management skills
If your goal is to work in the theatrical or creative industries, this degree will greatly enhance your employability and provide you with the opportunity to research and experience a range of possibilities within the sector while you study.