Step out of your comfort zone and into the MBA at Queen's, which will give you skills for leadership in a demanding global business environment. For professionals with relevant work experience, this is the beginning of a challenging and exciting journey.
You will learn about the latest management theories and best practice from leading international academics, and apply these through hands-on business and consulting projects. You will benefit from individual skills development tailored to transforming your career journey. Personal development, business ethics and sustainability, and international business practice form core aspects.
Master of Business Administration highlights
MBA graduates are eligible for exemptions towards the CIMA Professional Qualification and CGMA status and avail of a certificate in Leadership Practice from the William J Clinton Leadership Institute. MBA Scholarships are available.
- Global Opportunities and Residential Trip: A week-long study visit to the USA, and an off-campus residential trip to the scenic Causeway Coast, focused on team-building and goal setting, contribute to this intensive journey of personal and professional development.
- Students travel to San Francisco to meet leading entrepreneurs from global business start-ups, and established firms in a variety of sectors during a five-day International Study Tour in May 2019. The trip incorporates both the Social Innovation and Business Planning and Business Analytics electives, with visits and activities selected as appropriate. Students will be assessed on their study trip learning as part of their chosen elective.
- Real-world consultancy project option. Students can choose a dissertation project tailored to their interests. Students spend four months working with the client organization to deliver effective solutions. Full training and academic supervision are provided.
- Deloitte Consulting Challenge: As part of a team students work with partners from Deloitte to solve practical business challenges incorporating ideas from class, preparing an Executive Board presentation at the end.
- Integrated career development: One-on-one coaching from a leading industry mentor, Personal CV analysis and career advice and interview skills training.
- Leadership Skills: A year-long programme features training in personal development, participation in high-performing teams, presentation skills, communications and networking strategies. Individual training and coaching helps students identify and work on Personal Development challenges. Industry leaders present an 'Ethical Leadership Challenge' as part of this programme.
- William J. Clinton Leadership Institute: Our team at Riddel Hall, Belfast brings world-class facilities, leading academics and industry experts together to deliver a high end portfolio of executive education and leadership programmes.
- We give students opportunities to develop their career and enhance their network through regular networking events with classmates, academics and industry leaders.
- Our Distinguished Leadership Programme offers leadership insights from visiting guest speakers - all leaders in their field from the public, private and non-profit sectors. Students are also invited to attend Chief Executive Club and Institute of Directors meetings and automatic membership of the MBA Association of Ireland grants access to a range of additional networking opportunities, events and inter-university competitions.
- Our active Alumni network also hosts regular events offering students the opportunity to network with inspiring past graduates
World Class Facilities
- Our MBA takes place in the beautiful setting of Riddel Hall which features excellent facilities.
- A world-class environment: Belfast and her surrounds boast many cultural and sightseeing gems, offering an easy base for exploring Ireland and the UK.
- A recognized degree from a top UK university: Dubbed Ireland's Oxbridge, Queen's is the UK's 9th oldest university and forms part of the elite Russell Group - the UK's Ivy League. We're ranked among the top 1% of universities worldwide
- Integrated teaching: The MBA offers an innovative teaching style in line with international best practice. Rather than stand-alone modules, the programme progresses through a series of developmental 'mindsets', in which academic topics are integrated through experiential learning.
- Students choose a path through the programme that allows them to gain strong generalist knowledge of core areas including Strategy, Leadership, Finance, Accounting, Marketing and Operations Management, plus a targeted and practical specialism in their chosen area of expertise: Business Analytics, or Business Planning and Social Innovation.