Designed for the digital marketing environment, the MSc in Marketing encompasses elements of marketing management and strategy, consumer behaviour, digital marketing (including Google Analytics), marketing analytics (including SAS database training), research methods and international marketing.
The 12 week internship placement covers projects on marketing strategy audits, social media and digital work, along with big data analytics.
- Accreditation has been gained from The Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) - the leading professional body for marketers worldwide which exists to develop the marketing profession, maintain professional standards and improve the skills of marketing practitioners. Upon successful completion of the MSc Marketing programme, students will have a number of exemptions from CIM professional examinations: marketing, strategic marketing, and marketing and consumer behaviour. Students of the MSc Marketing programme will be registered as students with CIM and will have access to all CIM resources including webinars and Marketing Expert (additional fee will apply). Students will be able to attend local CIM branch events and seminars, which offer networking opportunities and the chance to keep abreast of current marketing thinking and practice.
- The Digital Marketing (featuring Google Analytics) module encourages students to work towards a Google Analytics Individual Qualification (GAIQ). This is a signal to employers that our MSc Marketing students have both the theoretical and practical skills to compete. The examination fee will be reimbursed by the School (subject to attaining the award during the module).
- Students have the opportunity to apply for minimum 12 week paid internship as an alternative to the traditional MSc dissertation in Semester 3. It is compulsory for students who secure an internship to submit a work-based research project as the final element of the MSc Marketing degree. This option provides students with the opportunity to apply and review academic and theoretical principles in practice. It also provides students with real-world experience of working in a marketing environment.
World Class Facilities
- The Marketing Analytics for Managers module features SAS software. SAS Institute is a provider of tools, technologies and services focused on business analytics. A recent study shows SAS dominates the global advanced analytics market. This again is a signal to employers that our students have the theoretical, practical and industry-standard software skills to compete.
- Teaching methods and learning may include lectures, tutorials, seminars, case studies, computer/software demonstrations, non-book media (videos and podcasts), individual research, oral presentations, group projects, online discussion forums, industry visits, practitioner workshops, and internship opportunities.