This Professional Doctorate (EdD) is a partly taught and partly research-based Professional Doctorate which has proved to be both successful and convenient for senior professionals in education and related fields. We offer a wide range of taught modules in the areas of research methods, education policy, education management, TESOL and professional development.
On successful completion, students will have made an original and independent contribution to educational knowledge in the field determined by the topic of their research dissertation study. They will demonstrate a critical evaluation of the relevant literature, a high level of competence in appropriate research methods, and the ability to communicate the results and their implications.
We undertake a wide range of research that falls within two broad themes: pedagogy, learning and curriculum; and human rights, equality and social cohesion in education. Underpinning all of our research is a commitment to achieving a real impact in the lives of educators and learners.
You can choose from a range of modules to meet your specific professional needs.
Internationally Renowned Experts
- The programme features input from leading international scholars and established academics.
- Flexibility The programme is designed to meet the needs of professionals and is delivered via blended learning. The programme content is delivered in two and a half day blocks (usually Thursday-Saturday).
- Credit TransferApplicants may (at the time of application) be considered for credit transfer of Master's degrees completed within the last 10 years (for a maximum of one module).
- We offer many opportunities for networking and sharing best practice with other education professionals and students in the Graduate School.
- You will enhance your career prospects and depth of knowledge in an area of specialist research.