Upon successful completion of this degree, students should have acquired and enhanced their knowledge and
understanding of a wide range of management issues, including harnessing technology effectively, leading and managing people, leading change, managing creativity and innovation, markets and resources, managing in the global business environment, strategic management, and working in teams.
Business Management Degree highlights
Our graduates have found work with companies such as PWC, M&S, Diageo, Microsoft and Unilever.
- The Study USA programme provides students with the funded opportunity to study for a year in a US university.
- The Management School invites guest speakers from industry to talk to students about latest trends and to apply theory to practice. Students also get the opportunity to work on consulting type projects preparing them for employment.
- The School is an active participant in international exchange programmes and has excellent relationships with local, national and international organisations. An optional placement year is availablebetween Stages 2 and 3. The School is currently working to develop this into a compulsory placement year.
Internationally Renowned Experts
- Many of our staff are leading international experts in their fields of research.
- Queen's is one of the 24 world-class universities that make up the Russell Group in the United Kingdom, and is the only Russell Group University in Northern Ireland.
- Students can join the Trading and Investment Club, a student runorganisation which aims to educate its members on trading and investing through guest speakers, competitions and educational seminars.
Jennifer Murphy, Ballymena 3rd year BSc Business Management student
This degree provides graduates with the knowledge and skills to secure employment in a wide range of occupations in the public, private and voluntary sectors. Those pursuing a career in business management
should enjoy working with people and should be effective communicators, able to engage with a range of stakeholders including senior management, consumers and consumer groups, government representatives and policy makers.
Employment after the Course
Typical career destinations of graduates include:
new venture creation
supply chain and quality,
advertising, business development, marketing, market research, export marketing,
human resources, recruitment, training and development,
new product development, accounting, finance,
inward investment, exporting
Graduate employers include: PwC, Randox, Deloitte, BDO, Bombardier, Google, Microsoft, Unilever, Mercer, Accenture, KPMG, Diageo, M&S, Tesco, Bank of Ireland, Local Government including Councils, Health Trusts, College and Universities and Invest Northern Ireland.
"I was attracted to Queen's because of its reputation as a leading Russell Group University, the quality of its teaching and the close knit student body you become apart of. I found my lectures to be not only interesting, but relevant and applicable - now as a Management Consultant at Deloitte, I find myself referencing a number of techniques and authors (Scientific Management, PESTEL, Porter, Maslow etc.) on a near daily basis with clients. Further to this the opportunities for further development are second to none including the clubs and societies (e.g. I was the Management Society chair) and unique alliances like the William J. Clinton Leadership Institute, where I undertook Inspiring Leader training. I attribute all of these things in helping me land a top graduate job. Many of the employers, clients and peers are amazed at the wealth of opportunities Queen's offered me as an undergraduate student."
Matthew Juden, Crowthorne, UK
BSc Business Management Graduate (2016)
Currently a Management Consultant at Deloitte
Additional Awards Gained
Year in Industry
Prizes and Awards
A number of prizes and awards are made on an annual basis from local employers including CIMA Ireland, PwC, Bombardier Aerospace, and Allen and Overy, plus the Sir William Crawford Prize. Foundation Scholarships are also available.
Degree plus award for extra-curricular skills
In addition to your degree programme, at Queen's you can have the opportunity to gain wider life, academic and employability skills. For example, placements, voluntary work, clubs, societies, sports and lots more. So not only do you graduate with a degree recognised from a world leading university, you'll have practical national and international experience plus a wider exposure to life overall. We call this Degree Plus. It's what makes studying at Queen's University Belfast special.