ONCAMPUS UK North prepares international students for progression to a range of top northern UK universities with guaranteed progression to our host partner UCLan. ONCAMPUS UK North offers a range of foundation programmes and progression degrees for students that prepares them for an English university education.
Our Partner, UCLan, is named as one of the top modern universities in the North West of England, and was ranked in the top 3.3% of all universities worldwide in the Center for World University Rankings 2017.
ONCAMPUS UK North offers the best support for international students to flourish in their chosen progression degree. All students are assigned a Personal Tutor, who is there to answer any questions or help with any problems they may face during their time studying in the UK. Higher Education support ensures students are guided through the UCAS process easily and given appropriate advice on university and degree choice. Support is also available in areas including health, disability services and careers.
All students can enjoy the facilities and services at UCLan’s Students' Union, which include a dedicated employment agency, a supermarket, and a print studio - where students can buy specialist materials for their course.
The University is located in Preston, which boasts plenty of attractions, including a thriving arts and culture scene. There are many museums and art galleries, as well as mainstream and art house cinemas, shopping centres, independent coffee shops and a thriving nightlife. The city offers a wide range of venues for going out, including pubs, bars and clubs - with many of which offering student discount on selected nights.
UCLan Students' Union runs a wide range of sports clubs and societies, which are designed for students to get involved with and gain new skills, develop talents and meet new people. These include tennis, musical theatre, a Japanese Society, and a Fashion Society.
The University of Central Lancashire (UCLan) recently announced plans to significantly increase provision in its Burnley campus. The ambitious plans will see the number of University students in the town rise from under 400 to 2,000 by 2021 and 4,000 by 2025.
Working in collaboration with its strategic partners Burnley Borough Council and East Lancashire Hospitals NHS Trust, and alongside the Burnley Bondholders group of influential local business leaders, the provision will be designed to meet the existing and emerging needs of Burnley and across the East Lancashire region. Subject areas will include a range of business and professional disciplines, health and social care, and digital and technical provision, and will include degree apprenticeships as well as traditional degrees at both undergraduate and master's levels.
The new provision will be distributed across the University’s existing Burnley Campus, Burnley General Hospital and the newly acquired Victoria Mill (subject to contract).
Pro-Chancellor and Chair of the University Board David Taylor said: “This investment in Burnley is an exciting development which demonstrates our commitment as a University to Burnley and Pennine Lancashire and to helping to be a force for economic growth and social mobility across the county and beyond.”
Why Study Here?
ONCAMPUS UK North is based on the campus of the University of Central Lancashire (UCLan), one of the leading modern universities in the UK. Students studying at ONCAMPUS UK North are guaranteed progression to many UCLan courses on successful completion of their foundation programme or can apply through UCAS to any top northern UK university.
A few more reasons to choose study at our partner UCLan…
- It is the top modern university in the North West.
- It has a student body of 35,000; 2,000 from over 100 countries overseas.
- It offers value for money and enjoys an ideal location.
- UCLan was rated as ‘world-leading’ or ‘internationally excellent’ in 16 subject areas by Research Excellence Framework 2014.
- There is a huge portfolio of over 600 degrees for students to choose from.
UCLan is internationally recognised for excellence in:
- Business, Economics, Finance and Management.
- Computing, Engineering and Sciences.
- Law, Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Medical and Life Sciences.
How to Apply:
- Students must fill in the online application form or download the editable application form.
- Students must remember to include all relevant documentation: academic transcripts (with translations if not originally in English), evidence of English level, and passport. Other documentation may be required depending on the course; the Admissions Team will advise.
- To accept their place on the course, students will need to meet all the remaining conditions, including payment of the deposit/registration fee or proof of government sponsorship.
- Once students have paid their deposit and met all the conditions of offer, ONCAMPUS UK North will confirm their place and send them a CAS (Confirmation of Acceptance to Study) or a Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE).
- Students will need to pay at least the first term’s tuition fees before they begin their programme of study.
- Students must arrive on the weekend before the arrival date.
Also, have a look at the entry requirements…
ONCAMPUS UK North has quickly built an outstanding reputation for quality of teaching, quality of service and positive student experience. This reputation is borne out of its simple focus to deliver the best student support that it can. Through its partnership with UCLan, it is proud to prepare international students for success in their chosen degrees but also to other top northern UK universities.
UCLan is a modern institution with a strong tradition and a truly international focus. Its Preston campus is a modern green oasis in the heart of the city.
The Students’ Union has many services on offer to all students. These include:
- Headroom - Headroom gives students practical advice on where to go in the Students’ Union and UCLan services and other organisations.
- NUS Extra - The NUS Extra card is the nationally recognised discount card that every student should have. For just GBP12, students will get great discounts not only on their day-to-day essentials but also huge savings of life’s little luxuries.
- Opportunities Centre - The Union’s one stop shop for part time jobs, volunteering opportunities, and much more.
More about student life…
All enrolled students will be assigned a personal tutor for academic support during their time at the institution.
The induction week ensures that all students are set up for studying within the UK; registering with the Police, Health Centre and University, whilst giving them clear visa and financial advice are just some of the things it helps the students with on their first week of study.
Students are brought together for a series of induction talks, opening with a welcome from the Centre Head and followed by information about attendance, welfare, exams, the centre IT system and academic introductions.
Student Representatives and Ambassadors
Students from each course are elected by their peers to represent the views of students at the Staff-Student Liaison Committees. These meetings happen at least once a term and are designed to improve the management and enhancement of the programmes of study.
Students registered in the UK for full-time courses of six months or more are eligible to receive full health care from the National Health Service (NHS) regardless of country of origin.
ONCAMPUS UK North provides disabled students with a high-quality educational experience, designed to ensure they excel both academically and personally.
More on student support…