Our online MSc Construction Project Management course aims to provide you with a framework for understanding project management in the construction industry and, in particular, the role of the construction project manager and the associated needs of the client. Delivered entirely online, this course is designed to enable flexible study alongside full-time work.
Visit the dedicated distance learning page for more information.
Who is this course designed for?
This course is aimed at mid-career professionals or recent graduates, wishing to pursue a career as a construction project manager. It's suitable for professionals already working in the broad construction industries, who aspire to senior management positions. Additionally, this course is suitable for undergraduate (honours) students in related subject areas, looking to progress to study a managerial and technical postgraduate programme.
Why study this course?
- Benefit from access to one of the UK's leading built environment education providers, regardless of where you're based. The distance learning delivery method enables flexible study, and there's no requirement to come to the University for lectures or assessments. NTU is ranked 7th in the UK for Building, a jump of ten places since 2016 (Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide, 2018).
- Balance work and personal commitments with your studies, studying at a pace that suits you.
- Benefit from our team of expert academic staff who have established links to industry and significant experience of working in practice.
- Become part of a close-knit online course community. Online discussion forums allow you to speak to other students studying on the course, to offer study support and to share your research. An NTU tutor is available online 5 days a week to support your learning.
- The intuitive and minimalist online environment enables easy navigation of the course content, and a 24/7 technical helpline will ensure that you can always access the study materials and assessment questions, regardless of your location or the time day.
- Explore the application of complex theories and hear how principles are applied to live construction projects by hearing from industry experts. In-depth interviews and case studies with senior figures from the construction industry play a significant role in the course content.
- Access our full range of journals and e-books via NTU's Library One Search system, the same online system that our full-time taught students use.
You may also be interested in
Not sure which course to choose? Take a look at our course comparison table to help find the right postgraduate construction management course for you.
How you're taught
How will I learn?
- The course is delivered through an online tool, which you will be given access to at enrolment. The interface is modern and intuitive, allowing you to browse course content, track your progress and submit assessments.
- Benefit from a varied learning experience, with a full reading list, videos and narrated presentations.
- You'll have access to a wealth of material from industry experts; video lectures are delivered by NTU academics and key speakers including Government advisers, senior lawyers, and practising project managers, exposing you to a range of theory and argument.
- Become part of our vibrant online community; meet your course mates, discuss the course content and ask any questions you have via our MSc Construction Project Management online forum.
- Reflect on your development, building a skills portfolio and CV using the employability tool in-built in the online learning system.
Careers and employability
The construction industry is thriving and this is generating an increasing demand for project managers at a national and international level to spearhead all types of building projects, from landmark skyscrapers, to sustainable housing and commercial developments.
Where do MSc Construction Project Management graduates from NTU work?
Our MSc Construction Project Management online course offers excellent opportunities for both career development and access to construction project management jobs. Recent NTU graduates from courses such as MSc Construction Management and MSc Project Management (Construction) have pursued careers with major international construction firms such as JLL (Switzerland), Turner & Townsend, National Grid, VINCI Construction, Balfour Beatty, Clegg, and Deloitte. Positions included Construction Project Manager, Cost Manager, Site Manager and Senior Project Manager.
Furthermore, NTU is highly regarded across the construction industry for the quality of its students and has a long history of successful student placement.
Learn more about how you can build your career with NTU.