This course provides electrical, electronic or power engineering graduates with the professional training needed to pursue careers as design and development engineers or researchers.
About this course
Our Advanced Electrical Power Engineering course is 2-years in length. It is suitable for students from an electronic or computer engineering background. You'll gain advanced knowledge of advanced topics including:
- renewable energy
- power electronics
- state space analysis and controller design
- control of electric drives
- design of modern electrical machines and drives
- electrical machines
- power systems operation.
You'll gain advanced knowledge and skills in the area, including:
- modelling and analysis of engineering systems, processes and products
- design of electrical power systems and components
- computer-aided design and analysis techniques, including software packages like MATLAB, Simulink and PSpice
- a specialist topic of your choice through an in-depth research project.
You will have access to a range of specialist facilities. Each research group in the school has dedicated equipment and laboratories.