Year of entry
Foundation year UCAS codes are available on the honours degree pages. Visit www.mmu.ac.uk/foundation for a full list of degrees available with an integral foundation year.
Tuition fees for the 2018/19 academic year are still being finalised for all courses. Please see our general guide to our standard undergraduate tuition fees.
Specialist CostsHow are these costs calculated?
All of the books required for the course are available from the library. The University also has PC labs and a laptop loan service. However, many students choose to buy some of the core textbooks for the course and/or a laptop. Students may also need to print their assignments and other documents. Campus printing costs start from 5p per page. Estimated costs are £300 for a laptop up to £100 each year for books and printing.
Department of History, Politics & Philosophy
Each Foundation Year is an integral part of a specific degree; the content is tailored to prepare you for your chosen degree so that you start Year 1 of your course with confidence.
Once you have successfully passed your Foundation Year you will progress directly onto Year 1 of your linked honours degree.
Below is a list of the linked honours degrees for History and Philosophy with a Foundation Year.
- BA (Hons) History
- BA (Hons) American History
- BA (Hons) Ancient History
- BA (Hons) Ancient and Medieval History
- BA (Hons) Medieval and Early Modern History
- BA (Hons) Modern History
- BA (Hons) War and Society
- BA (Hons) Philosophy
- BA (Hons) Ethics, Religion & Philosophy
- BA (Hons) History / International Politics
- BA (Hons) History / Politics
- BA (Hons) History / Philosophy
- BA (Hons) History / Social History
- BA (Hons) International Politics / Philosophy
- BA (Hons) Philosophy / Politics
For more information about each linked degree please see the Department of History, Politics & Philosophy website and choose a course from the single honours or combined honours list.
Please note: History students will apply for the History Foundation Year and can then progress onto their chosen History degree.
For BA (Hons) English / History and BA (Hons) English / Social History see:
- English Degrees with Foundation Year (Stream A)
For other combined honours Foundation Year, see:
- History degrees with a Foundation Year (Stream B Combined Honours Sociology)