For more information about Master of History at KU Leuven, please visit the webpage using the button above.
About the course
KU Leuven’s MA in History is a rigorous and flexible one-year programme, giving you the freedom to explore a variety of different historical approaches and time periods. The modules draw on the wide range of research and teaching expertise in the Department of History, with particular strengths in:
1) Medieval and Early Modern European and Global History
2) Modern and Contemporary European History
3) Postcolonial History
4) The History of Religion and Religious Identities
5) Environmental History
You will also produce a master thesis and have the opportunity to write an extensive and original historical study using the skills and knowledge acquired throughout the course. You will be supported in the writing of your MA thesis by your supervisor, a research seminar and the MA of History Teaching Assistant.
This MA in History will equip you with extensive experience in the field and a variety of transferable skills. Through different modes of study, you will learn to think like a historian, analyse, offer criticism, interpret, debate, draw conclusions and express them clearly in writing. Preparing you with the knowledge and competencies needed to explore a wide range of career opportunities in a variety of sectors. Our MA in History is also excellent training for those who wish to pursue a PhD or further advanced education.
Find more on the programme's website.
Notes about fees for this course
For more information about our tuition fees, please visit www.kuleuven.be/tuitionfees
This master programme admits holders of an academic bachelor’s degree in History (or a degree in a similar field).
All applicants are required to provide proof of proficiency to CEFR level C1 in English, with a IELTS score of at least 7.5. Applicants who hold a degree awarded by an English-speaking university from Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, United Kingdom or the United States are exempt from this requirement. Please note, students have to arrange adate for their language test well ahead of their application. You can find list of approved tests below:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), for which the minimum total score required is 600 (for paper based test); 250 (for the computer-based test); or 100 (on the new TOEFL Internet-based Test). (http://www.toefl.org)
- The International English Language Testing System(IELTS administered test), for which the minimum score required is band 7.5. (http://www.ielts.org)
- Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE) (University of Cambridge examinations): Grade B.
- Interuniversity Test of Academic English (ITACE), for which the C1 level is required.(https://ilt.kuleuven.be/english/certificaten/cert_eng_proficiency.php)
Consider a pre-masters or postgraduate pathway program at KU Leuven to prepare for your chosen course:
There are 114 other courses listed from KU Leuven. A selection of these are displayed below: