For more information about Master of Statistics and Data Science at KU Leuven, please visit the webpage using the button above.
This master's programme offers high-quality training in statistics and data science for research or for professional life. The student can choose from various fields of specialisation, such as statistics in biometry, statistics and data science for social behavioural and educational sciences, statistics and data science for business, statistics and data science for industry, methodology for statistics and data science, official statistics, or an interdisciplinary statistics and data science profile.
What is the programme all about?
The interdisciplinary programme has teaching grounded in internationally recognised research. You will be trained intensively by experts in both the broad theoretical and the practical aspects of statistics. The programme will teach you how to apply statistical methodology. You will gain all the necessary experience and insight to be confident within any situation to quickly and efficiently complete any given problem.
Our COVID-19 resilience: On campus and online
The COVID-19 pandemic, the uncertain international travel situation, and unknown factors in the pandemic's evolution, will not stop us from offering the usual high-quality training in statistics and now also data science. Students will be able to follow the program on campus in Leuven as well as online. More information on the programme website.
The Master of Statistics and Data Science consists of a common core curriculum, option-specific courses, elective courses, and a master’s thesis:
• Common core curriculum (30 ECTS): these courses are compulsory for every student.
• Option-specific courses (min. 32 ECTS): within your selected track, you choose courses worth a total of minimum 32 ECTS.
• Elective courses (30 ECTS): to tailor the programme to your needs and interests.
• You will learn from experts about statistics and data science in biometrics, in social behavioural and educational sciences, in business, in industry , in a more theoretical setting , and official statistics.
• The master is offered by the Leuven Statistics Research Centre of KU Leuven (LStat), a privileged meeting space for statistics and data science researchers from a range of different domains and a stimulating environment for multidisciplinary statistical and data science research. The master is accredited by the UK Royal Statistical Society to add greater prestige to your qualification.
Notes about fees for this course
For more fee information, please visit the tuition fee page.
For more information about the entry requirements for this course, please visit the institution website or contact the institution.
There are 117 other courses listed from KU Leuven. A selection of these are displayed below: