The BEng programme forms the core for our advanced MEng programmes allowing us to offer flexibility to students. Programmes share the same first two Levels, with the more chemistry oriented Pharmaceutical Chemistry MEng programme specialising in chemistry topics in Level 3. Our programmes aim to provide students with the sound understanding of chemical engineering fundamentals needed to become professional Chartered Engineers. In addition to a grounding in science, mathematics and engineering, our students acquire practical abilities that are highly sought after by industry.
Accredited by the Institution of Chemical Engineers (IChemE) on behalf of the Engineering Council for the purposes of fully meeting the academic requirement for registration as a Chartered Engineer.
Work and study
This is what our MEng Chemical Engineering students are doing six months after graduating:
- 66% are working
- 16% are studying
- 4% are working and studying.
- 80% of those working are in a professional/managerial position six months after graduating.
- The average salary of students six months after graduating: £26000
- The average UK salary of students six months after graduating from a similar course: £27000
These are the most common jobs students go into six months after graduating:
- Engineering professionals
- Sales occupations
- Science, engineering and technology associate professionals
- Natural and social science professionals
- Teaching and educational professionals
- Conservation and environment professionals
- Business and public service associate professionals
- Administrative occupations
- Customer service occupations