The MEng Architectural Engineering with International Studies programme further develops the objectives of the BEng programme and in addition aims to:
- provide a greater in-depth knowledge and understanding of the key engineering topics within architectural engineering;
- broaden students' understanding of management issues;
- expose students to the issues involved in problem solving within industry.
The international dimension of the programme aims to encourage awareness of the global engineering industry and allows students to foster international links by spending their fourth year at an institution abroad.
We are still accepting applications for September 2018.
Centre of Excellence in Sustainable Building Design
Our Architectural Engineering programmes are delivered by the Royal Academy of Engineering Centre of Excellence in Sustainable Building Design. This is one of four such Centres established at UK universities that jointly form a national network to demonstrate and exchange best practice in teaching and research for the sustainable built environment. The Centre also ensures graduates of Architectural Engineering will be used to working within an inter-disciplinary environment involving architecture, engineering and construction.
Accredited by the Chartered Institute of Building Services Engineers (CIBSE) on behalf of the Engineering Council for the purposes of fully meeting the academic requirement for registration as a Chartered Engineer.
Accredited by the Energy Institute (EI) on behalf of the Engineering Council for the purposes of fully meeting the academic requirement for registration as a Chartered Engineer.
Work and study
This is what our MEng Architectural Engineering with International Studies students are doing six months after graduating:
- 81% are working
- 9.5% are studying
- 9.5% are working and studying.
- 80% of those working are in a professional/managerial position six months after graduating.
- The average salary of students six months after graduating: £24000
- The average UK salary of students six months after graduating from a similar course: £24000
These are the most common jobs students go into six months after graduating:
- Engineering professionals
- Sales occupations
- Administrative occupations