This degree was instigated by the large number of academic staff in Chemistry who are involved in Computational Chemistry research. You will be a fully qualified Chemistry graduate who has taken the same core Chemistry courses as all our other graduates but who has specialised in the computer modelling of the structures of molecules and the interactions and reactions between molecules. Applications include modelling the interaction of drug molecules with the biological receptor sites on cells and the operation of catalysts (both biological and synthetic) with reactant molecules, crucial to medicinal chemistry.
Accredited by the Royal Society of Chemistry for partially meeting the academic criteria for Chartered Chemist (CChem).
Work and study
This is what our MChem Chemistry with Computational Chemistry students are doing six months after graduating:
- 38% are working
- 43% are studying
- 5% are working and studying.
- 70% of those working are in a professional/managerial position six months after graduating.
- The average salary of students six months after graduating: £21000
- The average UK salary of students six months after graduating from a similar course: £20000
These are the most common jobs students go into six months after graduating:
- Natural and social science professionals
- Science, engineering and technology associate professionals
- Elementary occupations
- Engineering professionals
- Teaching and educational professionals
- Business, research and administrative professionals
- Business and public service associate professionals
- Administrative occupations
- Leisure, travel and related personal service occupations
- Sales occupations