Students can experience at first hand US education, which is a system based upon the Scottish model, by spending the fourth year of the programme at one of our partner universities in the USA. Accommodation is guaranteed in the US on safe and secure campuses. Students will be chemistry graduates who have broadened their experience by being fully immersed in the US university system and culture for a year.
Accredited by the Royal Society of Chemistry for partially meeting the academic criteria for Chartered Chemist (CChem).
Work and study
This is what our MChem Chemistry with a Year in North America students are doing six months after graduating:
- 38% are working
- 43% are studying
- 5% are working and studying.
- 70% of those working are in a professional/managerial position six months after graduating.
- The average salary of students six months after graduating: £21000
- The average UK salary of students six months after graduating from a similar course: £20000
These are the most common jobs students go into six months after graduating:
- Natural and social science professionals
- Science, engineering and technology associate professionals
- Elementary occupations
- Engineering professionals
- Teaching and educational professionals
- Business, research and administrative professionals
- Business and public service associate professionals
- Administrative occupations
- Leisure, travel and related personal service occupations
- Sales occupations