Combine your favourite subjects of Chemistry and French, German, or Spanish. Your advanced language tuition is by Heriot-Watt's School of Social Sciences. Students study a language during the first three Levels, alongside the same core chemistry courses as all our other degrees. In Level 4, students carry out a research project at a chemistry department within one of our partner universities in France, Germany or Spain (the project report being produced in the appropriate language). Graduates are chemists fluent in their chosen language with careers available in the global chemical industries either at home or abroad. Contact Admissions Tutor to discuss language requirements.
Accredited by the Royal Society of Chemistry for partially meeting the academic criteria for Chartered Chemist (CChem).
Work and study
This is what our MChem Chemistry with a European Language students are doing six months after graduating:
- 38% are working
- 43% are studying
- 5% are working and studying.
- 70% of those working are in a professional/managerial position six months after graduating.
- The average salary of students six months after graduating: £21000
- The average UK salary of students six months after graduating from a similar course: £20000
These are the most common jobs students go into six months after graduating:
- Natural and social science professionals
- Science, engineering and technology associate professionals
- Elementary occupations
- Engineering professionals
- Teaching and educational professionals
- Business, research and administrative professionals
- Business and public service associate professionals
- Administrative occupations
- Leisure, travel and related personal service occupations
- Sales occupations