The core chemistry courses (along with additional chemistry courses) ensure a strong basis in theory and laboratory practice. Communication and enterprise skills are an integral part of the programme. Students choose a research topic in Level 4 or 5. The programme aims to produce Chemistry graduates at the highest level of professional skill and knowledge, whilst at the same time allowing for a broad, flexible programme in the earlier years.
Accredited by the Royal Society of Chemistry for partially meeting the academic criteria for Chartered Chemist (CChem).
Work and study
This is what our MChem Chemistry students are doing six months after graduating:
- 30% are working
- 45% are studying
- 5% are working and studying.
- 70% of those working are in a professional/managerial position six months after graduating.
- The average salary of students six months after graduating: £21000
- The average UK salary of students six months after graduating from a similar course: £20000
These are the most common jobs students go into six months after graduating:
- Natural and social science professionals
- Science, engineering and technology associate professionals
- Elementary occupations
- Engineering professionals
- Teaching and educational professionals
- Business, research and administrative professionals
- Business and public service associate professionals
- Administrative occupations
- Leisure, travel and related personal service occupations
- Sales occupations