This programme combines the rigorous studies of the BSc (Hons) Computer Systems with a year of work placement in level 4. Good performance means 12 months experience of working in an organisation in the computing sector. The Diploma in Industrial Training is gained through successful completion of the work placement. The work placement helps you to develop specific work-related skills, giving you the opportunity to apply and build upon the theory you've learned. This programme is well suited for students looking for a sound foundation in contemporary computing, complemented by the professional skills needed to design, deploy and manage robust systems in diverse organisations, from SMEs to large corporations as well as undertaking a year in industry.
Work and study
This is what our BSc (Hons) Computer Systems and Diploma in Industrial Training students are doing six months after graduating:
- 90% are working
- 5% are studying
- 0% are working and studying.
- 90% of those working are in a professional/managerial position six months after graduating.
- The average salary of students six months after graduating: £25000
- The average UK salary of students six months after graduating from a similar course: £23000
These are the most common jobs students go into six months after graduating:
- Information technology and telecommunications professionals
- Business and public service associate professionals
- Sales occupations
- Business, research and administrative professionals
- Skilled trades occupations
- Science, engineering and technology associate professionals