European and international markets present huge opportunities for multilingual graduates with business and management skills. This degree programme integrates both academic fields, enabling students to enter the employment market directly after graduation. During Years 1 and 2 there is a certain amount of flexibility as to the language element of the programme. Students may study the second language at the same level as the first language, or take up a second language from beginner's level. Alternatively, students may choose to study only French from the outset.
Our International Business Management and Languages (IBML) degree combines core business management subjects with tailored language courses that have a business focus. We have four pathways available on our IBML degree:
During the first two years of study, students take classes in their chosen pathway language and a range of business subjects. Where possible students are also encouraged to study a second language.
Third year is spent abroad at a business school or university where you study a range of business subjects in your chosen foreign language.
Work and study
This is what our MA (Hons) International Business Management and Languages: French as Main Language students are doing six months after graduating:
- 84% are working
- 0% are studying
- 0% are working and studying.
- 80% of those working are in a professional/managerial position six months after graduating.
- The average salary of students six months after graduating: £21000
- The average UK salary of students six months after graduating from a similar course: £20000
These are the most common jobs students go into six months after graduating:
- Business and public service associate professionals
- Teaching and educational professionals
- Business, research and administrative professionals
- Welfare and housing associate professionals
- Managers, directors and senior officials
- Media professionals
- Secretarial and related occupations
- Customer service occupations
- Elementary occupations