The MA in Economics and Accountancy does not require prior knowledge of the core disciplines of economics and accountancy. Study begins at an introductory level and the degree has a flexible structure to enable students to tailor their studies so that they can pursue their own interests. As a result, graduates are able to embark upon successful careers, especially in accounting, banking, finance, the civil service and a wide range of management roles, and also pursue further study in economics and related disciplines.
Work and study
This is what our MA (Hons) Economics and Accountancy students are doing six months after graduating:
- 70% are working
- 0% are studying
- 20% are working and studying.
- 80% of those working are in a professional/managerial position six months after graduating.
- The average salary of students six months after graduating: £24000
- The average UK salary of students six months after graduating from a similar course: £25000
These are the most common jobs students go into six months after graduating:
- Business, research and administrative professionals
- Business and public service associate professionals
- Elementary occupations
- Managers, directors and senior officials
- Sales occupations
- Information technology and telecommunications professionals
- Protective service occupations
- Administrative occupations