The Chemical Physics degree programme spans the interface between chemistry and physics. The programme incorporates all the core elements of a physics degree as well as key chemistry concepts relating to the structure and properties of atoms, molecules and materials. The interdisciplinary nature of the programme ensures students will develop a wide range of skills and expertise. In the final Level students will undertake a research project, working closely with a member of staff.
Chemical Physics is well suited to students with interests in the atomic and molecular applications of physics and the more physical and mathematical aspects of chemistry
This honours degree in Chemical Physics is accredited by the Institute of Physics (IOP).
Work and study
This is what our BSc (Hons) Chemical Physics students are doing six months after graduating:
- 45% are working
- 45% are studying
- 0% are working and studying.
- 55% of those working are in a professional/managerial position six months after graduating.
- The average salary of students six months after graduating: £24000
- The average UK salary of students six months after graduating from a similar course: £20000
These are the most common jobs students go into six months after graduating:
- Sales occupations
- Information technology and telecommunications professionals
- Business, research and administrative professionals
- Engineering professionals
- Leisure, travel and related personal service occupations
- Elementary occupations