This programme offers broad-based training in modern, pure and applied mathematics, together with a sound knowledge of key areas in contemporary statistics. It allows students to study both mathematics and statistics courses in each year of the programme. A blend of compulsory and optional courses in mathematics ensures a broad knowledge base, and the statistics course offers additional expertise in data analysis, rational decision making, and the modelling of random behaviour. The programme develops valuable transferable skills in numeracy, analytical and logical reasoning and problem solving which lead to a wide variety of possible careers.
Teaching excellence and student satisfaction
95% of our 2015 graduates reported in the National Student Survey that they were satisfied overall with their course.
Work and study
This is what our BSc Mathematics with Statistics students are doing six months after graduating:
- 62% are working
- 20% are studying
- 8% are working and studying.
- 80% of those working are in a professional/managerial position six months after graduating.
- The average salary of students six months after graduating: £26000
- The average UK salary of students six months after graduating from a similar course: £23000
These are the most common jobs students go into six months after graduating:
- Business, research and administrative professionals
- Business and public service associate professionals
- Sales occupations
- Elementary occupations
- Information technology and telecommunications professionals
- Teaching and educational professionals
- Skilled trades occupations
- Science, engineering and technology associate professionals