This popular programme meets the high demand for mathematically trained graduates who are aware of the operation of international finance, investment and capital markets, and able to combine expertise in these areas. The programme combines courses in mathematics from a foundation level up to the edge of current research with courses in all the key areas of modern finance. Graduates will be able to contribute at the highest level to financial analysis and decision making. As a major financial centre, Edinburgh offers excellent career opportunities.
Teaching excellence and student satisfaction
95% of our 2015 graduates reported in the National Student Survey that they were satisfied overall with their course.
Work and study
This is what our BSc Mathematics with Finance students are doing six months after graduating:
- 62% are working
- 20% are studying
- 8% are working and studying.
- 80% of those working are in a professional/managerial position six months after graduating.
- The average salary of students six months after graduating: £26000
- The average UK salary of students six months after graduating from a similar course: £23000
These are the most common jobs students go into six months after graduating:
- Business, research and administrative professionals
- Business and public service associate professionals
- Sales occupations
- Elementary occupations
- Information technology and telecommunications professionals
- Teaching and educational professionals
- Skilled trades occupations
- Science, engineering and technology associate professionals