In the first year of the BEng Engineering course you'll have the chance to study a range of subjects. Beyond this, you'll be able to focus on a particular area of expertise to work towards your Engineering degree.
From a wide choice of subjects, you'll select eight courses to match your interests - usually choosing from two or three subject areas. On the BEng Engineering course, most students choose subjects in Engineering. All subjects include some form of industrial design,whether Mechanical, Electrical, Civil or Chemical Engineering.
92% of the students were satisfied with the quality of the course. 87% of the students said that the teaching staff made the subject interesting and 96% of the students said that our staff were “Good at explaining things”.
Work and study
This is what our BEng Engineering students are doing six months after graduating:
- 75% are working
- 17% are studying
- 2% are working and studying.
- 90% of those working are in a professional/managerial position six months after graduating.
- The average salary of students six months after graduating: £25000
- The average UK salary of students six months after graduating from a similar course: £25000
These are the most common jobs students go into six months after graduating:
- Engineering professionals
- Elementary occupations
- Business and public service associate professionals
- Quality and regulatory professionals
- Science, engineering and technology associate professionals
- Welfare and housing associate professionals
- Design occupations
- Administrative occupations
- Sales occupations
- Process, plant and machine operatives