Study options for this course
Prerequisites: English (4, SA)
If you were not born in Australia, Canada, New Zealand, United Kingdom, Ireland, South Africa or United States of America, you are required to meet the English Language Proficiency requirements set by the University.
Applicants are required to provide evidence of completion of:
- a secondary qualification (Year 11 and 12, or equivalent), or
- tertiary diploma level qualification, or
- bachelor level qualification study for a period of at least 2 years fulltime with a minimum overall GPA 4.0
completed within Australia, Canada, New Zealand, United Kingdom, South Africa, Ireland, or United States of America, which will meet the English proficiency.
If you do not satisfy any of the above, you will need to undertake an English language proficiency test and achieve the following scores:
- An International English Language Testing System (IELTS Academic) overall band score of at least 6.0 overall with a minimum 5.5 in each subset; or
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) - Requires 550 or better overall and minimum TWE score of 4.5 (Paper Based Test), or 75 or better overall and no score less than 17 (Internet Based Test); or
- Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic) - Requires an overall score of 54 with no sub-score less than 46; or
- An Occupational English Test with Grades A or B only in each of the four components; or
- Cambridge Certificate in advanced English (CAE) - Score of 180 or above; or
- Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English - Score of 200 or above; or
- Combined Universities Language Test (CULT) - 70% with no individual component score of less than 15.
English test results remain valid for no more than two years between final examination date and the date of commencement of study, and must appear on a single result certificate.