Apply advanced economic theory to reframe and resolve contemporary socio-political challenges.
From Brexit and the Bedroom Tax to wages and wealth, environment and energy to health and homelessness, economists have rarely held such influence in the direction and debate of the challenges affecting the communities of the world.
The business of changing the world is ours.
Our MSc in Economics is focused on nurturing a new generation of economics professionals with the tools and techniques to meet the demands of a global economy.
We’ll help you prepare for careers in government service, industry, international institutions, consultancy and central banks, equipping you with the specialist theoretical knowledge and practical skills to address significant economic challenges.
Our team of academic experts will encourage you to consider the social, economic and ethical implications of your decisions as you encounter the economics of labour, development, policy and trade.
They’ll draw on their world leading research and real-world consultancy experience to demonstrate how advanced analytical techniques can be leveraged to understand practical problems.
- You will be part of a community which is committed to delivering social improvement alongside economic development in the world’s first Public Value Business School.
- You will study at a Business School ranked 1st in the UK for research environment and 6th for research excellence (REF 2014).
- You will be a student of the only business school in Wales accredited by AACSB international (and one of only 5% worldwide).
- You will be exposed to recent developments in research and will develop a sophisticated understanding of modern theories and research findings.
- Our facilities include a fully functioning trading room giving you access to the latest market data.