The MSc in Therapeutics is designed for medical practitioners, pharmacists, specialist nurses, and others who wish to gain further expertise in the practical management of common therapeutic problems.
The course aims to equip you with a sound understanding of the management of common medical conditions and to develop skills in evidence-based medicine. Graduates would be expected to gain the skills and expertise necessary to become the ‘local therapeutics expert’.
The course arises from a leading research centre and aims to encourage critical thinking and to equip students not only with practical and factual knowledge, but also provide a basic approach to therapeutic problems, encouraging attitudes and abilities which will be of lasting value in dealing with future advances in therapy.
The MSc involves a research dissertation and is open to students who have successfully completed the Cardiff University Postgraduate Diploma in Therapeutics to an acceptable standard.
- Problem orientated, evidence-based learning specifically designed to be of direct relevance to practice.
- Distance-learning, delivered entirely online. You can choose when and where to study, at home, at work or on the move.
- Targeted fortnightly reading guided by aims and outcomes for the period.
- Audio interviews and presentations are available to download.
- We are also recognised as a major research centre. Advances in therapeutics have been pioneered in Cardiff, including methods for optimal use of anticoagulants, antiarrhythmic drugs and anticonvulsants.