Our MSc in Social Science Research Methods aims to provide advanced training in research methods across the full range of the social sciences.
You will be provided with a thorough theoretical and practical knowledge of how to construct effective research studies, of the variety of data collection methods available to the social scientist and of the principal methods of analysing social scientific data. You will also be introduced to the political and ethical frameworks within which social science research is conducted, and to some of the ways in which the results of social science research are disseminated.
Students may apply for one of the pathways through the MSc/PgDip in Social Science Research Methods:
- Business and Management Studies (MSc, PgDip)
- Criminology (MSc, PgDip)
- Educational Studies (MSc, PgDip)
- Environmental Planning (MSc, PgDip)
- International Relations (MSc, PgDip)
- Politics (MSc, PgDip)
- Psychology (MSc, PgDip)
- Science and Technology Studies (MSc)
- Social Policy (MSc, PgDip)
- Social Work (MSc, PgDip)
- Social-Legal (Law) (MSc, PgDip)
- Sociology (MSc, PgDip)