The Cardiff MBA with Media is designed for people with relevant work experience in journalism and media, who have the ambition to accelerate their progression to senior leadership roles through a period of focussed study and personal development. The programme offers a challenging experience that will stretch and support managers who want to drive positive business change.
Alongside students with a range of backgrounds, you will develop your business knowledge, increase your self-awareness and sharpen your ability as an effective and inspiring leader. You will consider the wider commercial, social and environmental implications of decision-making in a variety of practical contexts and have the opportunity to understand the management challenges of the media industry, which is vital to the success of many advanced and emerging creative economies.
The Cardiff MBA with Media will help you make a difference.
- Springboard into The Cardiff MBA programme and learning community with a custom-made orientation and team building programme.
- The Career Advantage Service: Access to a career consultant and personal coach for personalised professional development.
- A bespoke, wrap-around Leadership Development Programme to help you assess your leadership capability, develop a personal development path and build key leadership skills.
- Cardiff Connections will help you become part of the business community through networking events, access to business leaders and alumni talking about their motivations and career choices, and company visits.
- An International Study Tour that provides the opportunity to study business practice in an unfamiliar context.
- Contemporary integrated themes running through all modules, such as the future of work, responsible leadership and digital transformation.
- Opportunities to make a difference to society and the economy through study and extra-curricular activity in line with Public Value.
- Assessment designed around tackling real-world challenges:
o The Business Strategy Simulator Challenge
o The People Challenge
o The International Consultancy Challenge
o The Innovation Challenge
o The Media Challenge
o The Crisis Simulation Challenge
- The Accelerator Project – a response to a complex, multi-faceted problem posed by a business client.